Fully redesigning your bathroom can be a challenging and costly task to take on. However, with slight décor adjustments, you can liven up this area of your home and make it more stylish. There’s no need to pull out the entire tub or strip off the wallpaper and make a large mess.
If you combine certain subtle accents, you can create a stunning aesthetic undertone without having to fully redecorate your bathroom.
Change Up Your Tapware
Although the tapware seems like a small part of the overall design, it surprisingly has a large role in creating a stylish and modern bathroom. Just like bathroom basins, it’s a functional element that doubles up as décor.
So, why not get one of the trendy bathroom sink taps and step up your design game? Tapware has two main styles: sets of three pieces and mixers. The three-piece sets are generally popular in more traditional households, while the mixers provide you with a more elegant contemporary look. People often prefer the sink mixer taps instead of the traditional tapware, as they offer several benefits.
What are the Benefits of Mixer Taps?
- Style: Mixer taps have a recognizable sleek and streamlined look. They have sharp, contemporary lines, but they can also be curved with a classic arch shape. The handles also vary from rotating handles to modern levers that you can lift up and down to control the water flow.
The versatile bathroom sink mixer taps also come in a range of stylish finishes, such as brushed brass, brushed nickel, chrome and matte black. Match your sink and bath tapware to create a soothing undertone and leave your bathroom unrecognizable from the way it looked before.
- Versatility: That being said, these taps work equally well for your bath, your sink or your basin.
- Control: With the traditional tapware, you can either choose hot or cold water. However, the mixer taps allow you to adjust the temperature of the water to match your needs.
- Convenience: Being able to control the water temperature brings a lot of convenience. With separate taps, you need to run them both simultaneously.
This way the water often ends up being too cold or too hot. With a convenient bath mixer on the other hand, you can find the optimal temperature and confidently leave the bath to run itself.
- Economy: Mixer taps often have a flow limiter that prevents taking too much water from the hot and cold pipes at once. This is beneficial for the environment, but also for your electrical bills.
Add Stylish Cabinet Hardware
Much like the bathroom sink taps, well-picked cabinet hardware has the ability to freshen up a dull-looking bathroom. Interior designers refer to these pieces as the jewellery of a bathroom design. They subtly enhance your design and establish a basis for the overall aesthetic of your bathroom. When choosing these elements, there are a few things you need to take into consideration:
- Knob vs Pull: There’s no right or wrong when choosing between knobs and handles. This mostly depends on your own personal preference, the design style of your bathroom and which option you personally find more convenient. However, people often consider handles over knobs as it gives the space a more modern look.
- Consider the finish: Most homeowners carefully choose their cabinet hardware to match the other elements of the bathroom. However, interior design doesn’t imply that you have to follow this rule. Sometimes, mixing different finishes creates a surprisingly stylish aesthetic. You can find a variety of different options online, ranging from glossy brass to matte black handles for cabinets, and anything in between. These are lightweight, durable and versatile, so you can fit them in any design scheme.
- Square vs Curved: Your hardware should be consistent with the type of lines present in your design – including those of the tapware in the likes of fancy bathroom sink taps. Take note of the style of your cabinets, lighting fixtures and other design elements. This will help you pick the right handles for cabinets that will be consistent with the type of lines in your design.
- Think about the comfort: Your cabinet handles are elements that you will be using every day. For this reason, it’s important to think about how they will function in your space. Pick the model that you find most comfortable for everyday use, and try to avoid handles with sharp edges if you have small children running around.
Decorate with Plants
Houseplants are a popular topic in today’s world, so much so, some designers even say that they’re a decorating staple. This trend isn’t only limited to the living room as it’s recently becoming popular for all the rooms in the house, including the bathroom. A few well-picked pieces of greenery can turn your bathroom into a personal mini oasis. They not only serve as décor, but they also purify your indoor air and help you destress.
On the other hand, the increased humidity in your bathroom will help your plants thrive. Some of the most popular picks to spruce up your bathroom décor are aloe vera, monstera, English ivy, snake plant or bamboo. If you want to add a splash of colour, you can opt for a few gorgeous orchids. They don’t require a lot of maintenance and they grow best in humid environments.