If you are a boat owner, you certainly know how important proper boat storage is. But finding the right boat storage Melbourne company is not easy. And there are other factors to consider like how often will you use your boat, the size and of course, your budget. Season is also another important factor when deciding on the proper boat storage. For example, in the summer, you will use your boat more often and you will certainly want a quick access to it. And in winter, you will be more concerned with harmful environmental elements, theft and vandalism. Because of this, is very important to choose the right boat storage Melbourne company that will ensure secured, reliable and high quality boat storage service.
Boat storage for boats that are less then 6 meters long
- Trailer – If you own a trailer, you can store your boat in your backyard. Make sure you buy quality covers to protect it from rain, leaves, etc. Or you can look for a boat storage Melbourne company that offers boat storage for boats on trailers.
- Multi-Story Boat Storage – Numerous boat storage Melbourne companies offer this type of dry boat storage where boats are literally stacked into racks using a forklift.
- Derrick – If you have a waterfront property, your best boat storage solution would be to install a lifting device known as derrick.
If you your boat is 6 to 10 meters long, all of the small-size boat storage options are available to you. Most boat storage Melbourne companies can accommodate midsize boats. Aside from trailer, dry racks and derricks, you can also look for wet dockage which allows quick and easy access to your water gear. This type of boat storage is also recommended for boats more than 10 meters long. The main reason is that it is not really practical nor cheap to haul out a large boat between uses. This is why most of them remain afloat.
- Tarps – Quality tarps are inexpensive way to protect your boat from environmental elements, mildew, rust, rodents and even vandalism. They are recommended when storing a boat in a garage or backyard.
- Shrink Wrapping – This boat storage has become very popular in recent years. It uses the same technique used for shrink wrapping smaller objects. Your boat will be completely safe from any external elements. However, this boat storage has one downside – the shrink wrapping film is not reusable. Once cut off, the plastic film cannot be used for another shrink wrapping.
- Dry Boat Storage – This boat storage option is the best. Boat storage Melbourne companies offer 24/7 security monitoring in all dry boat storage facilities. Your boat will be safe from different harmful weather elements and theft. Also, most boat storage Melbourne facilities offer some type of maintenance so your boat will be ready to sail when you are.