Keeping your romance alive is not an easy task, and it includes more than just lighting candles, eating a dinner or watching a romantic movie together with your loved one. We are talking about writing beautiful love poems for him/her and awesome short cute quotes that can certainly have a positive impact on your relationship. It is a lost art which most of the people have forgotten.
Many studies have shown that doing new things with your partner releases oxytocin in your brain, which is a substance that plays as a spark in the beginning of the relationships and makes you feel attached to each other. Imagine you give your girlfriend or boyfriend some beautiful love poems you found on the Internet, or even better, the poems that you wrote for him/her by yourself. Such act will certainly be accepted enthusiastically, especially if he/she loves written words.
If you are together for a longer time, no matter how much you love each other, things can get boring over the time. Luckily, there are many ways to keep your romance alive, but it requires a lot of effort, creativity and love. If you cannot think of anything in the moment, here are our simple ways to help you maintain your romance with your loved one:
1. Have more fun and play with your girlfriend/boyfriend. If you feel like something is not right, try to remember when was the last time you and your loved one laughed and had fun together. Playing a game might help, watching some shows, reading some sweet love poems for her or doing some sports can help you share a good laugh. From childhood memories to things you loved to do while you were dating, anything can help you to stay together and be more connected.
2. It is good to speak with your boyfriend/girlfriend a lot on different topics. Guys often express love for their girls in the way they want, but that is not the way girls want to get it. Feel free to ask your partner what can you do to make him/her feel loved. When you offer love to your companion in a manner that meets her specific needs, he/she will be more open to share love in a manner that you will love.
3. Right atmosphere for romance is essential. Make your sentimental state of mind by sprucing up and put on some good romantic music. It won’t take a long for your partner to join in the fun!
4. Ask for what you need. There are many partners who are not honest with each other, which is a huge mistake. You need to tell your partner everything you feel, but also ask for what you need and what you expect from the relationship. Telling your partner that you were profoundly inspired from spending sentimental time with him/her and that you wrote few beautiful love poems for her/him is very rare. Requesting, controlling and crying are in opposition to maintaining a romance, so try hard to get kind and cherishing words from your loved one.
5. Show your appreciation towards your loved one. Respect and appreciation is really important. Take notes and talk with your loved one about everything that he/she is concerned about. Appreciate everything that he/she is into, and make him/her feel special in every moment you are spending together.