Did you know that first rugs date back to fifth century BC and have since continued to be a very popular home accessory. They not only add style and warmth to our homes, but protect floors as well which is mainly due to their extreme durability. However, their long lifespan does not solely depend on the quality of work and material they are made of, but also on the way they are maintained. Please note, regular carpet cleaning is of utmost importance if you’d like your carpet to stay clean and retain its original look longer.
Regular brushing and vacuuming to remove dust and dirt, spot cleaning and occasional detailed carpet cleaning will help you keep your carpet’s glow. Also, avoid exposure to sun since it can damage your carpet. If you can, occasionally re-arrange your furniture to avoid sagging and visible furniture prints on the carpet. And remember, periodic detailed carpet cleaning is very important, thus have professionals steam or dry clean your carpets and/or rugs at least every 4-6 months. In the mean time, use some home-made cleaning solutions to clean and freshen your carpets for. Read our ideas below on ways to best clean your carpet naturally with few ingredients you most likely have at home already.
- * Mix 3 tablespoons crushed soap and 250g cornstarch. Rub this mixture on your carpet, let it sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum thoroughly.
- * If you want to refresh color of your carpet, mix well half a liter of water with a tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and one spoon of ash (powder residue that remains after burning wood). With a sponge or soft cloth, clean your carpet with this mixture, let it dry and then vacuum it.
- * To simply freshen-up your carpet use essential oils. Mix bag of baking soda with few drops of essential oil that you love, rub the mixture on the carpet and leave it on for an hour for best results. Then simply go over your carpet with a damp cloth.
- * Another good way to clean and refresh is to use mixture of 30ml apple vinegar, 70ml lemon juice, half a liter of water and tablespoon of boric acid. Add few drops of your preferred essential oil, rub the mixture on the carpet and then vacuum it.
- * If you have kids or pets, you’re well aware of carpet stains. The best way to remove them is with a mixture of water and vinegar. Put this solution in a spray bottle, spray the mixture directly on the stain, wait for 10-15 minutes and then scrub with a damp cloth or soft brush.
These easy to make solutions will help you keep your carpet clean and odor-free. Spot cleaning is very imoprtant in order to avoid stabburn stain, thus make sure to take care of them in timely matter. Regular and detailed carpet cleaning will help you avoid hours of hard work, will keep your carpet looking as new and will save you money.